Calex
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 30
♥CandY♥ : 948
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:44 am

Blader Style and Skill Sets

There are many ways to build your blader, as well as the different categories of skills, which i will touch on here.

Crit Blader:
Normally lower raw attack, but high in crit dmg. Favours DB weapons and has crit dmg that reaches 140%. Note that if your equipment and base adds to X% your actual crit will be higher that that factor, due to compound calculations in Cabal. for example, 10% increase of 110% is not 120%, but 121%. This difference is further multiplied as your crit factor increases. Relies heavily on critcal attacks to win.

Amp Blader:

Has high raw attack, ranging from 1000 to 1.1k (highest i've heard so far). Favours Mithril Weapons over DB weapons of lower grades. Relies on high amp (~60%). Personally i have not tried the amp build so i cannot comment much. what i can say is that to be an effective amp blader you need to have maximum damage, otherwise you would not be as effective. This also means that you need to be able to afford amp equipment of Mithril grade. PvE wise this build would be insanely powerful, espically in our bm2. but as mentioned earlier, damage in pvp including amp is reduced by 4.

Damage Over Time (DOT) Skills:

These refer to skills that have slow cast times but have huge damage/criticals. Examples would be our BS, LS or BC. Good against classes with high defenses that would be hard to penetrate. Favours bladers with high crit damage.

Damage Per Second (DPS) Skills:

Commonly used, but not many understand what it actually means. These refer to skills that have fast cast times and medium to low damage, which are mostly basic skills like DR, DS, SG. While individual damage of these skills may not match up to DOT skills, collectively they pack a punch in a short period of time. especially with crit. It may even be more powerful then a LS attack with crit. Take note that you will need to have a high base attack to use this effectively, otherwise your attacks will not penetrate the opponent's defense as much. Favours Bladers with High base damage/amp.
Back to top Go down
Calex
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:05 am

Equipment

Your gear is extremely essential in any duel, and it is the factor which contributes the most to whether you emerge victorious or end up smooching the ground. Depending on your budget, there are several ranges of equipment that you may choose from. Here are the sets that I've used (except the last tier of equipment) that have worked for me.

Low Budget

If you only have one to two hundred million to spare, i suggest to go for the crit build. This is the most cost effective build, and the cheapest as well. One slot osm is junk. Maintain your rate at 40% and push your CD as much as possible. At this point of time your base attack would be low, but you will crit with a higher damage.

Weapons: 2 x Titanium 3% Rate Deathblow Blade/Katana, 20% CD

Helm: 7% Critical Damage Osm armourhelm 20% CD

Accesories: Amulet of Pain +4 (+ 5% CD)
Earring of Guard +2
EoF+6

These are what you should focus your alz on first. Do NOT buy amp at this point of time. It is ineffective on its own, and only serves to boost your other attack gear.

Mid Budget

As you begin to increase your income, and after having a decent crit build, here's what you should start to invest in:

Osm armoursuit of sword amp7% + 50hp
+7 Tit martialboots of sword amp 7% (you can extend this with Slot Extender Medium for 80hp later on)
+6 Osm ArmourGloves of destruction +16 attack with 1 slot (slot +2 attack here)

The gloves of destruction gives about 5% amp equivalent damage, but has at least 20 def more. Thus it is a better choice than ST Amp Gloves if your def is lacking. Comparing the tit martialboots amp to ST martialboots amp, it is better because you get 80hp more with extension but lose only 4 def. Worth it in my opinion.

High Budget

When you have more alz as you progress, begin to improve your weapons and start extending your titanium equip. I suggest buying tit db blades with 1 junk slot and 1 10% Cd slot. When extended, a full 3 slot gives 25% CD, while a blade with 1 slot junk and 2 slot gives 24% CD. You lose 1% CD but save about 150m.

Weapons: +6 7% CD/10% CD TIT db blade (extend )

+6 5% Rate Tit DB blade (extend)

Helm: Osm Armourhelm 10% CD 2 slot 20% CD

Accessory: Bof+2/3 Slotted

Ideally, get a 7% CD TIT DB Blade with 1 slot 5% rate and 1 slot clean. Extend to get 31% CD and 7% Rate in 1 blade, thus you can free your other weapon for a crit dmg weapon. however if you fail the upgrade after extension the Rate Slot will disappear.

Extremley High Budget

From here on, you should decide on what suits you the best and begin planning your equipment. You should also start focusing on increasing your base attack as you will realize that with no crits, your damage simply would not be enough. . I tested the power of amp vs CD and it appears that 6% CD is roughly equivalent to 7% amp which is equal to about 35 Attack roughly, at base attack of 800. So if you remove 6% CD remember to ensure that it is replaced with at least 30 Attack, otherwise you would find that your critcal damage would suffer. Unless of course you are switching to Amp Blader at this point ot time, then critical damage factor would not be an issue. Do remember to maintain your rate at all times unless you are going full amp.

Weapons: Max Craft 16% CD Tit/OSM DB Blades Extended
Osm/Red Osm DB
+7Mithril S. Amp/10%CD/20% CD

Helm: +7 Osm DB Armourhelm max craft 16% CD extended

Armour: +7 OSM Armour gloves/boots 7% amp

Accesories: EOF+7/8

This kind of gear is extremely hard to obtain however, and will definitely take some time.

Last edited by Calex on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Calex
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:05 am

Combo Sets

DOT set: for low attack but high crit, use comp/gm skills like LS and BS, and skills like SG or TMS in between for combo filler.

DPS Set: For high attack and amp, use nub skills with fast cast times like DS, DR, Assault, VI for maximum effect.

heres a link on DPS Skills: http://forum.mmosite.com/topics/139/200808/18/5547,1.html

You should come up with your own combo that best suits your gear, as each character will have their strengths and weakness, and your combo should be aligned in that aspect to boost your strengths and make up for your flaws.

Some general tips:

1. Make your opponent run. Using LS before your opponent casts his skill will make him chase you. This causes him to lose a few seconds, which means he will deal less damage on you, allowing you to annihilate him quicker.

2. Cast finisher skills like BS/BC ONLY when i) Your opponent is dying and you can finish him
ii) You are about to die, use it and hope for a crit.

Using BS or BC halfway through a duel would mean certain death for you. The long cast times leaves you open to attack and if it doesnt crit gg to you. However, for DOT combo sets, since you are unable to make use of DPS skills, you would probably have no choice but to bs in the middle of ur attack, since there is no better alternative.

Learn from other bladers, and come up with a combo that is effective for you, and deadly to others.

Dueling

You should employ different tatics for different classes. Here are a few strategies against:

1. Force Blader/Blader

These two classes have comp skills that make you run like a dog. Use TMS immediately when u aniticipate an Assassinate/Lightning Slash coming your way. This prevents you from chasing your opponent. Take note that if you chase an FB's Assassinate, most probably you would get knocked down and break combo so NEVER allow yourself to chase an FB.

2. Force Archer/ Wizard/ Magic Force Shielder

Generally low in defense/hp but have fast dps attacks. Using pure DPS skills against them would b most effective and finish off with LS/BS. Note that FA's Gravity Distortion allows them to move back a few paces so save your Forcekick/Assault so you wont have to run towards them to cast your next skill. TMS has too long a cast time so avoid using that unless abolutely necessary.

3. Sword Force Shielder/Warrior

These are the hardest to duel especially WA, due to their high defense/hp and high criticals. DPS would not be effective as their defense blocks out most of the damage of the **** skills. From what i've experienced, to win these classes you would need at least 2 criticals of ur comp/gm. trying to down a 4k hp warrior is no easy task. Beware of the WA's whirlwind and FS's Shield Splinter, both of which have high crits and are extremely fatal if it connects.

Conclusion

There is no fixed way to build your character for PvP. More importantly, be willing to accept losing to someone better than you, and learn from them. Have fun with your blader, and see you at CC1 Bloody Ice PvP Arena Smile

Calex

Last edited by Calex on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Calex
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:06 am

reserved
Back to top Go down
insinity

Number of posts : 1
♥CandY♥ : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:25 am

bounce Nice pvp guide you have there!
Back to top Go down
xXSacredXx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 223
♥CandY♥ : 10126
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:11 pm

haha calex nice man ^^
i love your guide...

u ardy doing something XD good job !! keep it up !! jyjy!!

Back to top Go down
http://tearsofblood.heavenforum.com
PrinCessXeNia
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 331
♥CandY♥ : 1283

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:12 pm

wow cal..

Nice and detailed intro ^^ keep up the good work Razz

Back to top Go down
Calex
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:16 pm

updated
Back to top Go down
xXSacredXx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 223
♥CandY♥ : 10126

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Calex wrote:
updated

haha good...i could learn something about it xD

thx calex Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://tearsofblood.heavenforum.com
uguuXD
Transcender Poster
Transcender Poster

Number of posts : 294
♥CandY♥ : 347
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:35 am

But what if budget's really really really low? D:
Back to top Go down
Calex
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 pm

haha go for the dual 3% rate tit db blades first, wouldnt be more than 50m in all. then slowly upgrade. Thats what i did rabbit and during my time, this weapon was like 70m. ouch.
Back to top Go down
uguuXD
Transcender Poster
Transcender Poster

Number of posts : 294
♥CandY♥ : 347
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: In-Depth PvP Guide for Bladers   Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:50 pm

lol i don't even have 50m. ;___;
But i'm just asking. =P
Back to top Go down
Calex